Benefits of an Egyptian will
"A will is an important document regardless of where you live, whoever you are. But if you are a foreigner owning a property abroad it is essential. I strongly suggest clients have an Egyptian will."
- Peace of mind for you and your benefactors
- The Egyptian government will recognize an Egyptian will when written in Arabic
- Even before the property purchase process is completed a will written in English is unlikely to be challenged by the Egyptian authorities
- Your benefactors will have a much easier time proving their right to the property and getting the property in their name if there is a will
- If you are a British passport holder, there is an agreement between the Egyptian and British governments that no inheritance taxes are due, having a will ensures the property passes to your children with ease.